Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Being pushed to come off meds

(4 Posts)
TheHeartOfTeFiti Sun 22-Oct-17 23:03:59

I’m on a low dose of anti depressants which seem to settle my mood again leave me able to cope when I can’t exercise, pre dd medicated my depression with exercise, but as a single parent sometimes can’t go as much as I’d like. I went to a new doctor for an eye infection and she started going on about how I need to come off my tablets, I’m scared of coming off them well actually I’m not I’m scared of the side effects if I come off them & go back on. When I went on them I took a month off work to get through the side effects. I’m now self employed so couldn’t do it again. Do I need to suck it up and try? My usual gp was always quite happy where as this pushy one forced me to make another appointment fir a month to see her again to come off them.

Wolfiefan Sun 22-Oct-17 23:06:24

How long have you been on them and how long has your mood been stable on them?
FWIW I was on citalopram. Came off when I felt ready with GP approval. Slowly! Not gone back on them.

TheHeartOfTeFiti Fri 27-Oct-17 00:27:43

Been on them for 4 years. Still have periods of depression but they pass and exercise helps. I feel like I’ve always been depressed.

Standandwait Tue 31-Oct-17 19:31:17

Go see your usual doctor and talk to her/him. You should be the one deciding when/if you're reading to come off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now