Talk

Advanced search

Being pushed to come off meds

(4 Posts)
TheHeartOfTeFiti Sun 22-Oct-17 23:03:59

I’m on a low dose of anti depressants which seem to settle my mood again leave me able to cope when I can’t exercise, pre dd medicated my depression with exercise, but as a single parent sometimes can’t go as much as I’d like. I went to a new doctor for an eye infection and she started going on about how I need to come off my tablets, I’m scared of coming off them well actually I’m not I’m scared of the side effects if I come off them & go back on. When I went on them I took a month off work to get through the side effects. I’m now self employed so couldn’t do it again. Do I need to suck it up and try? My usual gp was always quite happy where as this pushy one forced me to make another appointment fir a month to see her again to come off them.

Wolfiefan Sun 22-Oct-17 23:06:24

How long have you been on them and how long has your mood been stable on them?
FWIW I was on citalopram. Came off when I felt ready with GP approval. Slowly! Not gone back on them.

TheHeartOfTeFiti Fri 27-Oct-17 00:27:43

Been on them for 4 years. Still have periods of depression but they pass and exercise helps. I feel like I’ve always been depressed.

Standandwait Tue 31-Oct-17 19:31:17

Go see your usual doctor and talk to her/him. You should be the one deciding when/if you're reading to come off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: