Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Venlafaxine and increased appetite

(3 Posts)
GypsieQueen Sun 22-Oct-17 10:36:49

Hi I've been on venlafaxine a couple of months now and put on almost two stone. I just can't seem to control my eating whilst on this medication. I desperately need to lose weight and am going to ask my gp if I can try different medication. Has anyone else found they had increased appetite on venlafaxine? Also does anyone know of an anti depressant that doesn't cause weight gain? Thank you.

Apocalyptichorsewoman Sun 22-Oct-17 12:32:58

Hi - no I didn't notice this on venlafaxine - in fact I lost weight on it. Everyone is different though. I found it effective, but tiresome to come off.

ASDismynormality Sun 22-Oct-17 12:35:25

I stopped taking venlafaxine mainly because I started to feel better but also due to the weight gain. I seem to gain weight on most anti depressants and would also like to know if there are any that don't have they as a side effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now