Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PICK ME UP QUOTES - let's share!

(8 Posts)
KindraLamb Tue 17-Oct-17 14:45:53

i have bouts of depression, on and off. on my off days, i listen to music (sam smith, sade) and read quotes

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Edison

Mummsye Thu 19-Oct-17 12:16:06

Hi KindraLamb, I suggest you visit you doctor for professional help. Music is a great deviation from stress and depression. Have you tried yoga and meditation?

Meow34 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:21:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 19-Oct-17 12:25:50

I like Winston Churchill's one: When you're going through hell, keep going.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 19-Oct-17 12:27:38

KindraLamb, thank you for that Edison quote. I hadn't heard it before and it's just what I need at the moment x

KindraLamb Mon 23-Oct-17 10:24:53

"Remind yourself that it's ok not to be perfect."- Anon

And so, I had to make a move and seek the help of a counselor for my depression. turns out i have "anger issues". i can't believe it. my counselor told me read these articles:

www.betterhelp.com/advice/anger/what-to-do-when-you-have-anger-issues/

www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/signs-you-might-have-anger-management-issues

I feel uncomfortable telling my problems to a stranger. And anger issues? I just cant believe it.

KindraLamb Tue 24-Oct-17 15:13:37

Here's for today.

dangermouseisace Wed 25-Oct-17 19:25:17

One I often say to my kids, particularly during times of change:

It'll be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, it's not the end.

Dunno who said it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now