Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Took last meds yesterday, what do I do now to help?

(2 Posts)
indecisionisakiller Tue 17-Oct-17 10:44:41

DH took his last sertraline yesterday. He has come off them after 1 year very very slowly and has been doing fine/good, but what now? Obviously we are concerned about a lapse so what positive steps should he (and I) be doing to starve off and relapse? I can find lots of info about how to come off and all the risks etc but nothing on the bit just after...any help would be much appreciated. Eat well, and eercise I assume are always good but anything else?

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 17-Oct-17 19:27:46

Healthy eating, exercise, meditation and mindfulness are all good practices for maintaining good mental health. Good luck with it. I managed 10 years off ADs without any real strategies after coming off the first time so it definately is possible. It was then a major life event that led to a relapse of depression.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now