Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety about work

(2 Posts)
Lion1976 Mon 16-Oct-17 00:15:39

I have had some health issues this year which have left me feeling a bit fragile both physically and mentally. I've recently been told that I am being moved from my current team to a new one, no discussion, it's happening. I have explained to my manager that I am feeling very fragile at the moment and that I'm not sure that I'll be able to cope with the change (this will be a totally different role) as I am just about managing at the moment.
My manager has said that normally she would put an employee's wellbeing first but in this case she has to put the business first and that I have no choice. I feel like she has ignored my concerns for my mental health.
I am now having anxiety attacks at the thought of going into work, I can't sleep and I just want to cry all the time.
Am I being unreasonable about this situation ? Should i just 'suck it up' (which is basically what she said to do)

FakePlasticTeaLeaves Mon 16-Oct-17 18:37:00

That's terrible that she's admitted putting the business before your wellbeing. Do they have an HR department you could chat to at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now