Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Venlafaxine - day 1

(5 Posts)
FiddlesticksRiddlesticks Sun 15-Oct-17 09:35:22

I finally took my first tablet this morning. I got them on Monday there but didn't feel ready to take them. I feel a little queasy now though so lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself hoping it will pass soon,

I was on these many years ago with no side effects other than sleep issues (they eventually settled).weaned myself off them,3 years AD free, then on citalapram for 7 years. Gave them up as they were causing a horrible cough so I've been free of any ADs for 18 months.

I'm not even sure if I'm feeling sick because of the tablet, or simply because I'm expecting some side effects. The first time I took them I never bothered to look at the leaftlet. This time I did and it scared me a little grin.

Not sure why I'm posting, but I just needed to get this off my chest. Only just DH knows I'm on/have ever been on ADs so it's good to be able to mention it to other people.

Livness12 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:10:18

Heya, how have you felt for the rest of the day?

I'm on Venlafaxine too - similarly, no issues really besides major insomnia, but I do find I get a little bit of nausea not long after taking them every now and then. Lying down for a bit helps though, as does having a drink. And it's not a regular thing for me definitely, so hopefully even if it is the tablet, you won't get it every time!

I hope the Venlafaxine helps you this time round. smile

(And yes...reading the side effects is very off-putting sometimes!)

FiddlesticksRiddlesticks Mon 16-Oct-17 06:27:17

Hi livness, the rest of the day went fine. The nausea passed in about an hour. I am taking the dose where you also take one at night, but I didn't feel sick at all after it, thankfully.

It's good to know that the nausea seems to be short lived.
flowers

Cmblue Mon 16-Oct-17 10:53:30

hiya sorry to but in, Im on venlafaxine too and after I take them feel nauseous, I thought it was just my anxiety, sorry to be crude but they also give me really bad wind!!! What dose are you on? I'm only on 75mg in morning as take mirtazapine at night. X

FiddlesticksRiddlesticks Mon 16-Oct-17 11:24:13

Hi Cmblue, no wind (so far) and thankfully no nausea today.

Mines is 75mg, split into morning and evening doses. The idea was to start slow and build up. I think my previous dose was 75 as one tablet in the morning.

I was warned I could feel worse for a couple of weeks until they take effect.i hope you are feeling better on them flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now