Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any adult with ADHD? Concerta making me sleepy.

(4 Posts)
Tailwagsdog Sat 14-Oct-17 21:40:53

Any point sticking at it? Only started yesterday, got 7 hours of slightly clearer mind, focused better on certain things. Then had a come down and was cery tired - that's apparently par of the course.

However today took at slightly later at 11am and by 1pm I was yawning and stopped only an hour ago. Had a good night sleep last night.

Should I check in with GP on Mon or should I stick it out for longer. Apparently it's not a build up drug so some (google reviews earlier) users say if it's not working properly on the day then no point in sticking to the same dose.

Tailwagsdog Sun 15-Oct-17 14:37:15

No one?

helenbryce Thu 02-Nov-17 23:49:55

Hi, late reply but I can give my view (although you have probably sorted this already!) Are you on the extended release? I had a similar problem when I started on concerta, took it at 7am ish- most days I was good until 12 ish then wore off... I then increased my dose and took a second 18mg tablet at 10(ish) which extended the effect till 4-5ish. My psychiatrist said it's not unusual for the time the 'extended release' dose is effective to significantly vary from the 10 hours they say! After a few more months on that dose I increased my first dose to 38mg, still taking a 18mg at 10am which seems to be suiting me well. You may need to do some fiddling to get it right!! I do find that some days I feel the effects more than others.. Concerta most definitely helps me, but I still have days when I am just tired and want to do nothing- because that's how things are. I hope you got your meds sorted!!

Tailwagsdog Tue 14-Nov-17 20:08:53

Thanks helenbryce. I called my GP who told me to come off it and referred me back to the hospital so they adjust my meds. She thought they should have done it but I didnt get the funding for it iriginally. Now waiting to hear back from the hospital. I’m worried it’ll take mo tha of back and forth. I can’t really afford being tired on the meds - i’m self employed grin. Basically I was ready for bedbfor few days of taking it!
Glad to hear it’s working for you - at least most of the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now