Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Does your partner have a borderline personality disorder? If so, could I ask you questions?

(3 Posts)
user1482177776 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:33:05

Does your partner(ideally girlfriend)have a borderline personality disorder? If so, could I ask you a questions?

Meow34 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:34:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

user1482177776 Wed 11-Oct-17 21:47:52

Thank you.

I believe my girlfriend has borderline personality disorder. Things are particularly bad at the moment following her birthday which always seems to make her go into crisis.

One of the things I find most difficult is that she often accuses me of not wanting her to be happy on special occasions like Birthdays, promotions etc.

Is that normal for someone with the condition?

Another thing she does is compare me and our relationship to other people. Speaking negatively of the way I treat her, the type of person I am etc.

It can be very difficult to listen to. I’m a very confident person, I’m also very happy with where I am in life, so it doesn’t affect me much.

Again, is this normal?

We are very close to breaking up but I’m not sure it’s worth fighting for because I don’t feel it will ever get better. I absolutely adore her, so I want to give it another chance but at some point I need to give up.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now