Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety has crept its way back too anxious too sleep / relax

(8 Posts)
lou8719 Wed 11-Oct-17 00:29:48

Hi I'm just feeling extremely anxious and alone right now . Just wondering if anyone is feeling the same way and is willing to chat. I knew it would come back with vengeance Iv been able to control it these last few days . Well been so out of it from painkillers to even think 🤔 . I hurt my back so was prescribed codeine 30mg i haven't felt that relaxed in years and it was a lovely feeling even managed to sleep the whole night too . Well I have stopped taking them today because my back is better and Surprise surprise I'm feeling ate up again . I was so tempted to go down stairs and take two just to knock me out but I have read so many times about people getting addicted that I am not going down that road . Iv just put e.t on the fire stick family films help me stop worrying . Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day 😊

Justchillaxing Wed 11-Oct-17 02:53:19

Hi, so sorry you feel so anxious. I get like that too. I hope you're feeling a bit battery now and managed to get to sleep. If I feel anxious I try to distract myself with one of my favourite films or play games on my phone and have a cup of tea.

lou8719 Wed 11-Oct-17 07:10:01

Hi Thankyou for replying . I managed to drop off around ten past two and woke up at 5-40 when the alarm went off so right now I am half dead 😤 on the plus side I hopefully won't have much trouble nodding off tonight . I might bring the tablet to bed tonight just Incase I have that draw somthing on there and that takes my mind off things . Mad how your mind makes your anxiety ten times worse at night isn't it ! I also get really down and awfully anxious when the days get darker I dread it . Hope you managed to get to sleep. X

Justchillaxing Wed 11-Oct-17 13:10:12

Yes my anxiety is almost much worse at night too. I've made some mad decisions in my time in the middle of the night that then in the light of day seemed crazy .. deciding to end relationships, move out, quit my job ... luckily I saw sense in the morning, but everything just seems more extreme at night.

Justchillaxing Wed 11-Oct-17 16:44:09

*always much worse

bouyou Wed 11-Oct-17 16:51:46

Hi @lou8719 I get where you’re at too.

For some reason I’m feeling particularly burnt out right now. Then as soon as I get to bed it’s like my brain decides miss the time to really sort stuff out angry

Robotlady Thu 12-Oct-17 20:24:38

Those night time decisions! the early hours of the morning good ideas which in the morning would be funny if they weren't so bloody depressingly sad.

sortingmyselfoutslowly Sun 05-Nov-17 08:04:11

Night time is the worst. Hope you feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now