Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Self Help Books

(6 Posts)
Lisamic86 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:19:02

For a while now & more so after having my daughter a few months ago I suffer from anxiety. I read the Secret a few years ago & it changed my life. I feel however now I am back ‘stuck in a rut’. I really want to start reading a new self help book (not the Secret) to try & help. Can anyone recommend a good one to get?

Cmblue Mon 09-Oct-17 11:12:25

Have you read the Ruby wax ones? Joshua Fletcher anxiety panic about panicking, Robert Duff Hardcore Anxiety fuck anxiety, Depression curse of the strong is great for the effects of stress related anxiety and depression. X

velmadinkly Fri 13-Oct-17 18:03:09

Self Help for your Nerves and More Help for your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes if you have anxiety.

She has resonated with me more than anything else ive read or been told and that includes what my talk therapist has said.

velmadinkly Fri 13-Oct-17 22:12:49

Sorry, the second book is Essentail help for your nerves.

Vitalogy Fri 13-Oct-17 22:19:35

Eckhart Tolle, The Power Of Now.

millifiori Fri 13-Oct-17 22:50:59

I like Superbetter. You use gaming techniques to combat your issues, whatever they are. It's very clear and fun to do and gives you loads of ideas on how to get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now