Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I am desperately sad and worried about everything

(4 Posts)
surbiton1961 Tue 03-Oct-17 15:25:02

I have suffered from depression on and off for 18 years. I am in my mid 50s. It brought about the end of my marriage, but not before my husvan and I had emigrated to the US where I am now suffering again and have other practical issues such as a divorce - meaning losing health insurance privileges, an eviction (as the rental house I live in has been sold) and having just called to try and find a psychiatrist, and it is incredibly difficult accessing health care here anyway, have been told the office are not taking new patients till January. I have never had much success on medication anyway. The last doctor I say said I had treatment resistant depression.
In which case, with the other issues, I am really finding it very hard not to keep my thoughts away from suicide. But I am terrified. Not because I think my situation can get any better. I think this is the end of the road for me. But I do have three adult children and I am terrified about what it might mean for them in the future. I had such a wonderful life at one point. And now I don't see anything in the future at all.

AbsentmindedWoman Tue 03-Oct-17 16:58:15

I'm so sorry things are so difficult and that you are feeling so low. It's really hard to believe it I know, but honestly you can feel better again.

Have you checked if there is any low cost counselling or therapy available in your area? It's not a magic fix but sometimes, it can help.

Do you have any friends either locally or long distance?

surbiton1961 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:54:19

Thank you for responding Absentminded Woman. I do have a few friends here, and I have talked to them at length. I'm sure I have been boring them but they are kind. We just go around in circles though, with in clarity. There is not a solution to my predicament. There are real issues to face and make life changing decisions about, as well as a deep depression which makes any decision - even about what to eat - impossible. I am totally overwhelmed.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Thu 05-Oct-17 09:32:22

I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you will get through this and things will get better again for you. All things pass and this will too. I don't know how the US health system works, but if you are feeling suicidal I would suggest going to the ER. You could also email samaritans jo@samaritans.org for support.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: