Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Depression

(7 Posts)
Olilou01 Mon 02-Oct-17 19:30:47

Think I'm suffering from depression. One mate , single 39 . Son of nine yrs old. Work home work home school in between. Looking after disabled aunt, even the cat is getting me down. Can't jump back to who I used to be, people have moved on including his dad, like I have no emotion on anything. Jokes told to me aren't funny anymore, I dnt cry I dnt drink I dnt do drugs an I'm still struggling. Feel like I need to tell someone so I dnt go mental. I got a tattoo of a semi colon on my wrist few weeks back to prove that every time I look at I didn't give up. I thought it would help my mind switch on, sadly nope. I think when people are around me they feel my vibe. I'm soo bloody unhappy. I sleep for an hour an wake tossing an turning . Even when he is at dads I just stay in . I see mate which is mum from lil one from school we go out sometimes but she has her life.

Olilou01 Mon 02-Oct-17 19:33:38

Any one else feeling this, how do you become that person u once were once everything blows up around you

Olilou01 Mon 02-Oct-17 21:13:14

Bump

NightmareMonkey Mon 02-Oct-17 21:15:28

You don't. You change as a person when things change around you. Have you been to your GP? Have you any history of MH problems?

Olilou01 Mon 02-Oct-17 21:52:18

No gp, not my but just general down time, but this is getting worse. Just dnt see fun in anything anymore, it's like everything's bland unfun an pointless.

NightmareMonkey Mon 02-Oct-17 21:57:28

Yeah so you're depressed...go to your GP as first port of call. They will assess you etc

NolongerAnxiousCarer Thu 05-Oct-17 09:06:40

You do sound depressed. Your GP can help, it is definately possible go get back to feeling like you again with the right help and support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now