Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Propranolol

(4 Posts)
MeriReu Thu 28-Sep-17 16:59:42

Not sure I've spelt that right.

I came off Escitalopram (40mg) about 7 weeks ago as I thought I was getting better.
It's been an awful near two months so I went back to my gp and instead of throwing me straight back into antidepressants he's prescribed me 10mg propranolol, to take 4 times a day.
He said over the course of two weeks I can up it to as high as 4 tablets 4 times a day, so that's 160mg.

I've only had three so far, one last night one this morning & one approx 2 hours ago.
I'm BEYOND nauseous, to the point I'm physically being sick.
I've just started on Yasmin contraceptive again after having 2 months off.
Been on Yasmin for nearly ten years and never had an issue (except an unexpected pregnancy with no pills missed which ended in miscarriage unfortunately.)

Could it be the mix of pills making me so sick or is this a common side effect of propranolol?
Could really do with some advice as I don't have time to be ill, my 3yo DS is 6 days post tonsilectomy and isnt doing great right now with the recovery.

I started the pill again as I was just 3 weeks late coming on my period and doc doesn't know why.
So I thought it best to just hop back onto it as of yesterday.
Help 😧

Greebz Thu 28-Sep-17 17:12:25

Sorry to read this... I didn't want to read and go but I am afraid I don't have much to add blush I have been on propranolol for anxiety for years and years and it has never made me feel sick. It did make one of my friemds (also prescribed for anxiety) feel very sad & low in mood though. I sincerely hope you feel better soon flowers

MeriReu Thu 28-Sep-17 18:47:16

Thankyou greebz flowers

I'm wondering if perhaps it's the combo of contraception and propranolol.
May give doc a ring tomorrow!

LaLunaMoon Mon 09-Oct-17 13:51:22

I use to take propranolol (may have spelt wrong) it never made me or my mum sick but it made my friend projectile vom and feel nauseous, I'd speak to your gp asap, my friend stopped taking them herself too. I'm sorry for what you're going through sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now