Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My anxiety is through the roof...help!

(10 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 23-Sep-17 21:34:38

Someone came in my house few days ago. Started a thread about it. My own fault.
Anyway 3 days on and the shock has worn off, I'm obsessively checking the doors and windows are locked, I can't sleep, my heart is racing & I'm all panicky but tonight is the worst.
I can't stop crying, very jumpy; can feel a panic attack brewing.
Don't want my dc to pick up on it. Dp is on a night shift which doesn't help. Agh. What can I do? ! sad

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sat 23-Sep-17 21:58:00

That sounds like it was really scary, I can understand why you are feeling anxious. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? TV, radio, random mindless games on your phone?

Imonlyfuckinghuman Sat 23-Sep-17 22:03:58

Have you tried mindful breathing? Putting headphones on and doinh you tube meditation vid.

West about burning some of that nervous energy off? When my anxiety is bad I do my kettlebell routine (sounds daft but it works)

Can you call some one on the phone to vent ??

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 23-Sep-17 22:12:20

I've got the tv on, going to watch something lighthearted. Feel like self harming it's awful. I don't know what's wrong with me it's all come out of nowhere.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 24-Sep-17 01:36:50

😭

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 24-Sep-17 01:36:53

😭

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 24-Sep-17 01:37:00

😭

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way op. I totally understand what you're going through. I take st John's wort to keep my anxiety manageable but I understand it's not for everyone. Is there anyone you can call? Listen to meditation or deep breathing stuff on you tube?

user1480334601 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:37:11

How you doing today op?

HCantThinkOfAUsername Wed 27-Sep-17 02:28:52

Still shit tbh. Can't sleep at nights but can in the daytime

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now