Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I've had enough of this.

(4 Posts)
NameChangingToPostThis Sat 23-Sep-17 00:04:07

Like the name says, I'm NC'ing for this. Even though no-one knows my name here, anxiety rules.

For background; severe agoraphobia and social anxiety to the extent that I can't go outside alone or use the phone. Crippling depression means I either don't feel anything or feel far too much and getting out of bed sometimes is impossible. Also, no children, so no need to worry there.

I frequently reach the point where I've had enough; where everything is just too much and coping becomes the priority. Coping isn't a life though.

I'm so done with feeling like all I do is just get through everyday. Like everyday is a repetition of the last, and I don't achieve anything other than being alive at the end of it. What is the point of anything when literally every day is just a repeat of the one before it?

I've had so much medical involvement; and it doesn't help. I'm scared that I'm actually beyond anyone actually being able to help at this point. I've tried with the CMHT before, and they haven't helped. I don't know what else I'm meant to do to make anything better.

I don't expect people here to have the answers. This is the only forum I really use (despite the lack of children), and so saying something felt like it would be ok. Please delete if it isn't.

NightmareMonkey Sat 23-Sep-17 00:11:33

I understand how you feel. I suffer severe depression & PTSD. For weeks there I could hardly get out of bed, only when it was dark & everyone was in doors would i remotely feel as if I could get up.
It was a dark time & place. Thankfully that spell of fog has lifted, although I am still suffering from severe lack of motivation to do anything although I can get up & dressed now.
Do you have any family to support you? Friends? Anyone to talk to?

NameChangingToPostThis Sat 23-Sep-17 00:17:27

I'm sorry you feel this way too, I hope the fog lifting has helped somewhat.

I have literally zero friends; I don't even use social media so I don't have acquaintances. I have family but not in the sense that I can talk to them; there aren't any close relationships. So, not really anyone to talk to.

Really, I feel like that's ok because I generally feel that I'm toxic and I don't want to infect anyone else with that.

It is quite a dark time. I know that it lifts sometimes but nothing really changes.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sat 23-Sep-17 18:22:19

I've suffered with depression, anxiety and PTSD and understand how disabling feeling like this can vbe. I think rather than beyond help it is more likely that you just haven't found the right thing to help you yet. I found the first AD I tried didn't help at all, but the second one helped a bit. The councellor I saw helped but felt out of her depth andcrefered me to a psychologist, who made things much worse! I eventually saw an NLP therapist privately, who got rid af all my anxiety and PTSD symptoms in 2 sessions. It was just a case of finding the right thing for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now