Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

MenoMood tablets.

(8 Posts)
strongasmeringue Tue 12-Sep-17 12:12:28

I was about to start taking these today (moving on from Angus Castus as the MM ones are used for hot flushes, night sweats, low mood and mild anxiety) but I've read the pack and it says not to take if you have been diagnosed with depression or think you may be depressed.

Along with being peri-menopausal I've also been diagnosed with moderate to severe depression, moderate symptoms of anxiety and have moderate to severe levels of psychological distress.

Can anyone please advise me what to do? I'm also going to post this in menopause .

Thank you.

strongasmeringue Wed 13-Sep-17 12:19:10

I've returned the tablets today. Couldn't get anything else.

Feeling like I want to end it all and annoyed as dh doesn't want me to.

CalendulaAndRoses Wed 13-Sep-17 18:39:07

flowers saw your message on the support thread - sounds like you are going through a tough time right now. I'm perimenopausal and suffer anxiety, depression etc too so I know it's not easy. Indeed my GP told me she puts many women on Antidepressants just to get them through teh hideous highs and black black lows that can come during the time leading up to menopause. I know a lot of people don't like ADs. In principle I am one of them but at the moment I simply wouldn't be without mine. I'd have driven into a ditch by now! Have you spoken to your GP at all? I've also just started on BComplex vits, evening primrose, magnesium and Vit C as I heard that combo can help a lot. Maybe not with the hots sweats etc (mine are only starting, lightly at night so far so I have't really had to deal with that aspect yet) . Hope you got more help in Menopause thread. Remember, you aren't alone and this phase will end!

strongasmeringue Wed 13-Sep-17 19:03:03

Thank you for answering me. TBH I think the menopause is the least of my worries. I'm depressed due to something happening which makes me feel like medication won't help. I've taken Angus Castus for years and also take starflower oil, vitamin c and Kalms.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Thu 14-Sep-17 13:44:46

Reactive depression ( depression due to something that has happened) is a thing. My depression has always been triggered by difficult life events and ADs really helped as did councelling, its worth discussing both with your GP.

strongasmeringue Thu 14-Sep-17 17:13:31

I saw my GP and finally told her what had gone on. She was fine with me trying to avoid ADs but insisted in a referral for someone to talk too. They didn't even bother ringing but referred me immediately for more serious therapy. It starts next week.

Yesterday was the worst day I've had in ages and today has been tough but I thought I was doing okay until I just yelled at DD. She won't come for tea or talk to me.

strongasmeringue Thu 14-Sep-17 17:13:58

Sorry, forgot my manners. Thank you very much.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Thu 14-Sep-17 17:22:44

Glad the GP is getting you some help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now