Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

On holiday and have buggered up my meds

(7 Posts)
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 28-May-17 21:33:43

Shit

We are in a hotel in London and going to Disneyland Paris tomorrow. Except I haven't packed enough of my Sertraline. I take 150g a day but have left some of the 100mg at home - I have enough for 100mg a day but that is it.

Will I be ok? I will have to be because there is bugger all I can do, I suppose.

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sun 28-May-17 21:36:04

Do you have a prescription with you? You could see a private GP and ask if they can prescribe more. If you Google you can find private GP services in London. You would need to pay the private fee for the medication too.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 28-May-17 21:37:25

No prescription with me, and we need to be on the train at 10am tomorrow.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 28-May-17 21:40:42

If you can find a walk in centre in the morning they can sort you out an emergency prescription- DH forgot his tablets on holiday last year and got a weeks supply.

Akire Sun 28-May-17 21:42:09

Do you normally use a a big chemist like boots for meds? I know before they have been able to give me emergency supply of meds for a few days when the suregery have messed up repeat orders. But this is based on them being able to see your previous meds.

How long are you going for? Can anyone at home post them
To wear you will be staying?

LIZS Sun 28-May-17 21:43:26

Most terminus stations in London have a walkin medical centre. How many days are you short? Could you delay your final day's dose until you get home?

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sun 28-May-17 22:15:19

You can always see a GP in France, although not the most fun thing to do on holiday, your hotel can probably recommend one.

Keep any boxes you have to show them.

But yes if you get it from a pharmacy chain at home do try them in the uk before you board train.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now