Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Alcohol and drug abuse... sick to death of it

(7 Posts)
Purpleismycolour Sun 28-May-17 18:48:35

My dd aged 21 (transgender)is a drug user(recreational) and alcohol dependant, the other evening things came to a head and she became very violent which resulted in myself calling the police, i have now thrown her out the house because my 5 year old witnessed this, we have spoke briefly since and i have told her under no circumstance is she living back with us,I cant take the chance of this happening again, I hate drink and I hate drugs her addictions have torn my family apart, she claims that she is going to get help but I dont hold out any hope, this has made me so ill recently(mentally) and I am not the one that drinks or takes drugs but yet I feel so helpless, police have said they can put in a refferal for dd but they can only take the help if they want the help...thx to anyone that reads this , think I just need to vent

buddhasbelly Sun 28-May-17 18:50:46

hi i'm here and listening.

this must be so stressful for you. I can't type much at the moment but if you want to write more, i'm reading.

Purpleismycolour Sun 28-May-17 18:55:04

It is I want to help her but dont know where to turn, I actually have nightmares about a call from the police and myself having to identify her body, the cocktail of drugs she takes is lethal and it frigtens me

buddhasbelly Sun 28-May-17 19:32:42

i was on the other end (ie the one doing this to their loved ones) but drink only. It took for me to lose everything to realise that I loved myself enough to save myself (and not just get sober for everyone else, because ultimately every time i tried that I would fail because I wasn't doing it for me) and turn everything around.

You need some respite yourself - the impact that this will have had on your every day life must be so draining.

Where is your dd staying just now?

buddhasbelly Sun 28-May-17 19:34:40

there is al anon support which is for family/friends etc that are affected by those in their life that are drinking, i'm guessing there is a similar group for drugs as well. It may help you to speak to others that are going through this as well.

buddhasbelly Sun 28-May-17 19:36:59

you are right to put the needs of your 5 yr old, yourself and anyone else living with you first, for your own sanity.

erinaceus Sun 28-May-17 20:14:16

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. Well done on keeping your home safe for you and for your 5 year old.

I have heard positive things about al-anon although I have never been myself. I am here and listening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now