Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Withdrawal from Duloxetine

(21 Posts)
angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 09:47:17

Has anyone experienced severe dizziness when coming off Duloxetine?

I can't even drive because I'm getting so dizzy, the only thing different is that coming off meds.

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 15:15:24

Just me then?

UnbornMortificado Sun 28-May-17 15:27:58

No I struggled, I was told it was all in my head it bloody wasn't.

Electric shock type pains in my arms and legs were the worst.

Have you tapered down or stopped suddenly?

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 18:44:55

I've done it over 2 weeks.

Really struggling with it. Actually so much I'm seriously considering about calling the doctors 1st thing Tuesday and begging to go back on them. I've never felt this dizzy in my life.

RandomMess Sun 28-May-17 18:47:10

It was hideous, I had to go back on them and very slowly self wean, including tipping a bit out of the capsules every few days!!

What dose were you on?

Strugglingtofunction Sun 28-May-17 18:59:36

It took me over six months to get off this drug - it was hideous. I have been going through a rough patch recently and my GP has tried to persuade me to start along it again. Never! People should be told about the withdrawal difficulties before being given these drugs IMO.

Strugglingtofunction Sun 28-May-17 19:00:43

* start taking

RandomMess Sun 28-May-17 19:16:35

If you read around you will see some people never get off it!

I think I took about 6 months too.

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 20:10:56

So basically I've done a nosedive by doing it within 2 weeks..

No wonder I feel like utter shit!!!

RandomMess Sun 28-May-17 20:12:57

Yeah I tried that the first time - disaster!!! I was unbearable I went back on for the sake of DH and the DC.

Have you any tablets left and what dosage were you on?

They come in 20mg and 30mg capsules.

UnbornMortificado Sun 28-May-17 20:13:46

Two weeks is really quick like a PP I did it over 6 months. In the past the GP has prescribed me antisickness tablets and stronger pain killers to get me through the worst.

Not sure if there is anything to help with dizziness though.

UnbornMortificado Sun 28-May-17 20:15:31

@iklboo (hope you don't mind the tag) I know it's a bit different to your circumstances but can any meds help short term with it?

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 20:30:52

I was on 60mg capsules. And unfortunately I have none left. Led on bed ATM trying to move much to stop feeling dizzy and going between shivering cold and sweating hot.

I messed up with this.

RandomMess Sun 28-May-17 20:37:44

Well get back to the GP.

Get some 30 and 20 mg tablets. Go back on a 50mg dose for a few weeks, then alternate between 50 and 40 for a few weeks, then down to 40 for a few weeks, then alternate 40 & 30 and so on.

Seriously I made up some 15 and 10mg and 5 mg ones using some sensitive scales that cost £20 to get off them.

Every time the brain shuddering came back I knew I was trying to come off too quick.

Good luck flowers

flowers

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 21:33:23

I'm gonna call the pharmacy tomorrow and see if I can get one tablet emergency prescribed till I can get a refill oh meds Tuesday.

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 21:40:40

Thanks ❤

Honestly never felt this awful. Feel like I'm gonna pass out.

Haribogirl Sun 28-May-17 21:45:05

Defo withdrawal symptoms 😂 Way too soon
You can either go back on them again and do it over a longer time, like months
Or ride out the storm( if your brave enough) if you can maybe take about 3/4 weeks with different symptoms.

60mg to nothing is massive, no wonder your like you are. You will feel like you have the flu(another symptom)

Try looking on Nomorepanic, they have a meds forum, people on there will have gone through what you are. It might help you to see what your going through .

angryladyboobs Sun 28-May-17 21:52:00

If it was just me, I'd ride it out. But I have DD to think of. I can't be like this for the next 4 weeks! Fuck that!

Feel like an idiot. Live and learn eh? Just wish it wasn't a Sunday so I could go to the pharmacy and beg them!

angryladyboobs Mon 29-May-17 07:28:26

Found a tablet I had left over. I've taken it and will be calling doctors as soon as they open tomorrow

SweetieBaby Mon 29-May-17 07:31:50

I took it for nerve pain until it started to affect my liver and I had to stop. Decreased dose over four weeks but still had awful dizziness, nausea and hot flushes when I finally stopped taking it. My GP prescribed a weeks course of diazepam which really helped.

angryladyboobs Mon 29-May-17 21:13:31

Honestly I didn't expect it to be this bad. I can't afford to feel like this ATM as I have work due in and a 4yo at home with me.

Feeling like that made me a shit mum. I'd rather stay on them till I've finished uni in September and DD starts school.

Can ride it out and she won't see much of the side effects then.

I've driven once in the last 5 days, because I felt too dizzy to drive. It wasn't worth the risk but in sept I won't need to drive other than shooing and I can do an online one for that. DD's school is within walking distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now