Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Mirtazapine 45mg

(12 Posts)
calmday Fri 19-May-17 09:19:47

Hi, is anybody on this dose? I've just been increased yesterday from 30mg. How do you feel and how long after the increase did it take to feel better? Feeling a bit depressed and no motivation at the moment.
Thanks

Ashers40 Fri 19-May-17 17:38:27

I have been on that dose in the past, for quite a while. You probably needs to give it a few weeks to judge if it's having any effect. Once I was feeling ok (after being on 45 mg for a number of months) I came down again to 30mg and didn't notice any difference, but you need to see what works for you.

calmday Fri 19-May-17 18:54:16

Thanks for your reply. I know it's early days to be feeling better, I've only just taken my second dose of 45mg, I just feel a bit impatient really

calmday Sat 20-May-17 10:49:22

Anybody else?

calmday Mon 22-May-17 10:28:22

Bump

feelingcalledlove Mon 29-May-17 09:01:56

I took 45mg Mirtzapine for 5 years. I felt like it really helped me, although I seem to remember it took a couple of weeks to kick in. It didn't make everything great again, bit to took me from being hospitalised to being able to mostly function in the outside world, eventually return to work. Therapy helped me actually get everything properly back on track, but I do think the Mirtzapine helped get me to a point where I could actually access more help.

feelingcalledlove Mon 29-May-17 09:02:25

That said, everyone is completely different! How's it going for you?

calmday Mon 29-May-17 10:05:18

Hi thanks for your reply. It is going fine for me, I don't feel great but I feel quite good. Are you still on mirtazapine?

feelingcalledlove Mon 29-May-17 10:21:07

No, I came off all my meds last year (well, it took about a year to do, I did it gradually) because I was feeling much better generally and we were going to start TTC. That said I've heard Mirtzapine is ok in pregnancy, but for me it felt like a good time to try and come off it anyway.

calmday Mon 29-May-17 11:34:38

That's good that you managed to come off all meds. I do wonder how long I'll be on mirtazapine for.

deckoff Mon 29-May-17 11:43:15

My husband's on this and is thinking of quitting as it makes him sleepy all the time.

It usually takes up to 4 weeks to get used to a new or increased dose, which sucks, but side-effects at least show it's entering your system and beginning to do something.

feelingcalledlove Mon 29-May-17 12:05:55

Calmday I took it for years and would have happily carried on if it was needed. There's​ no shame in being on meds, I can imagine I may end up back on something in the future, it's important to do what you need to feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now