Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Bipolar

(3 Posts)
Witchitywoo Mon 15-May-17 19:13:46

Hello. Anyone been diagnosed with bipolar recently? I'm really struggling with depression again and even though I've increased my Prozac it's not working. My moods have always been up and down since the age of 8/9 when I was sexually abused. Now I'm sick of the yo yo cycle of feeling fantastic and then dropping to near suicidal. I want to go back to my doc's and ask for a referral with regards to a bipolar diagnosis. But where do I need to go? Will they take me seriously? Am I being melodramatic? I spent last weekend researching suicide and how to do it and I'm just so fed up with feeling like this.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 16-May-17 18:40:36

Hi, I would tell your GP what you've said here and ask to be refered to a psychiatrist. In some areas you can refer yourself to mental health services, if you google mental health services in your local area you might get something come up with a central number you can use for self referal.

Witchitywoo Wed 17-May-17 08:45:48

Thank you for your reply x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now