Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling spaced out? improvement or step backwards

(6 Posts)
WhatInTheWorld76 Sun 14-May-17 17:51:34

I've become more and more unwell these past few months and I've noticed that I'm numb and spaced out. This may seem normal for some but i have had mental health issues for twenty plus years and I've always been more anxious and worried than laid back etc and this change in personality/symptoms is really worrying. I cant work out if I'm getting better or worse now i dont care about things like i used to. I see things like a scale and i seemed to have gone very quickly from one end of the scale (anxious, scared) to the other (not giving a shit about anything really). Is this just anxiety/ depression? I'm concerned if this continues i will feel numb about everything i once enjoyed, loved or cared for. I cant seem to stop myself though. I'm just spaced out.

Any advice?

WhatInTheWorld76 Sun 14-May-17 18:26:08

confusedAnyone??

WhatInTheWorld76 Sun 14-May-17 18:32:53

IME It's the beginning of a spiral into a psychotic break from reality....

WhatInTheWorld76 Sun 14-May-17 18:33:11

IME It's the beginning of a spiral into a psychotic break from reality....

Joto369 Sun 14-May-17 19:10:03

I've felt spaced out following a period of acute stress which caused increased anxiety and low mood. Add hormomes to the mix and Im exhausted but I don't see it as anything psychotic. I am mildly depressed, suffering from anxiety and knackered. Yes it's unpleasant but it's part of the package that I'm working through. Have you asked for support/seen GP??? It sounds vwry much like depression but I'm no expert x

WhatInTheWorld76 Sun 14-May-17 19:26:11

It might be my defence mechanism to stress/anxiety... It's just I've been unwell for so damn long that I know how I usually react and zoning out like this is the opposite of how I usually react. I think its harmful to be so careless and carefree but I cant motivate myself to change right now. I cant blame it on all the children anymore they are older now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now