Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

health anxiety/depression

(7 Posts)
bigfatmeanie Sun 14-May-17 11:53:10

I posted elsewhere for physical side of things but I really feel I need to vent my anxiety a bit if that's ok?
I had some weakness in my pelvic floor after my 3rd dc was born, just dragging heavy feeling and no leaks.
I had myself convinced I had a prolapse (extreme phobia) and made myself extremely ill as a result. I wouldn't listen to my drs until I had a full examination and scan from a consultant.
4 years on I have woken up this week with the same sensation and it has triggered all the same extreme anxiety I had before. I've seen my new dr who has said there's no prolapse but a little inflamed so swabbed for thrush etc but my anxiety won't leave me.
She's given me 2mg diazepam to help me sleep for a few days because I'm so terrified of side effects from other meds.
I feel really down and inactive because I'm so oversensitive and hyper aware of downstairs. I just want to feel better, have lost 7lbs in last few days and no appetite.
Absolutely miserable and feel so fragile sad

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 14-May-17 23:18:01

Just wondering did you have a traumatic birth? Only because from what I've read on the PTSD thread, birth trauma seems so common, its almost seen as normal and people often don't seem to automatically get refered on for help. Just wondered if these sensations could be triggering some anxiety from trauma? Anxiety is truely horrible, hoping things start to settle down fkr you soon.

bigfatmeanie Mon 15-May-17 09:04:13

The birth itself wasn't traumatic but afterwards I had very loose walls and ended up with severe post natal anxiety and was in utter hell. Itbwas only after a thorough check up by a consultant at my post natal check that the anxiety etc went.
It's almost as if every time I get the dragging sensation I'm back there losing my mind again.
Stupid thing is last time it ended up being absolutely nothing, just needed time for my pelvic floor to tighten back up.
Not sure if because of the hell I went through with my anxiety last time, it's scarred me a bit.

SorrelSoup Mon 15-May-17 09:50:23

I've sent you a PM.

bigfatmeanie Mon 15-May-17 12:51:20

Just been to my dr and been given a beta blocker and told to do pelvic floor exercises.
I honestly feel I need something for the emotional side of things but I'll give them a go!

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 16-May-17 18:36:41

Did you have any therapy or cbt for the anxiety side of things before? That might be worth asking the Dr about.

bigfatmeanie Thu 18-May-17 08:14:54

No nothing like that offered by GP, just a moan from her about how MH services are really overstretched!
I'm seeing a counsellor privately today, so praying that it'll help.
My swabs for infection came back clear so not sure what on earth is going on.
I've never felt so rubbish in my life, beta blockers seem to work for a few hours then I'm right back to the start again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now