Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Please tell me sertraline will work soon

(4 Posts)
royalair Mon 08-May-17 10:23:48

Day 11 and feel so anxious. I took it before and it did work but i can't remember the anxiety being so bad at this stage.

Privateandconfidentialplease Mon 08-May-17 18:57:24

Are you seeing your dr soon? I saw my dr after 2 weeks and he increased the dose. I think everyone is affected differently so some see an improvement quickly and others take longer and have to find the level that is right for them.
I have recently started muscle relaxation, meditation and mindfulness meditation exercises on advice of my cbt therapist. I think they have helped. I also tried diaphragm...breathing (can't remember the whole name but you can type that in YouTube and it will come up) when I was particularly anxious about something and it did bring me back to a state I could function properly from. You can find them all on you tube. I particularly like meditation vacation who has lots of guided meditations for depression and anxiety. I also listen to asmr-you might think it weird at first but once you find sounds you like it is relaxing. 'Isabel imagination' and 'gentle whispering' and 'asmr darling' are good but there are lots more. Binaural beats are v relaxing.
Sorry if I have babbled but I found it helped. Good luck.x

PhoebeFriends Mon 08-May-17 20:14:41

It's my first time on Sertraline and I nearly stopped taking it in week 2 because of increased anxiety. I was advised to stick with it and my around week 4 I was glad I did. I kept on telling myself things would improve and it would be worth it in the long run and I am so glad I carried on. I hope it works out for you soon.

royalair Mon 08-May-17 20:49:08

Thank so much. I think I'm just after some reassurance as the anxiety has been horrendous. Almost like a physical pain. I think because I was on it before the GP is happy that I just start on 50mg & up it gradually so I'm on 75mg now. I don't find any physical side effects this time but the anxiety brought me to my knees at the weekend. Thanks for the support & suggestions x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now