Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So anxious

(12 Posts)
icecreamsundae82 Tue 02-May-17 14:01:14

I have a drs app in an hour as I feel I can't cope with this awful feeling of anxiety I have

Honestly I can't remember the last time I felt relaxed and happy

My daughter was born 5 yrs ago and I think I probably had pnd but I didn't address it as I felt I could keep it under control

Since then my life has had ups and downs and I can't cope with the downs

I went from one abusive relationship to the next and I'm now in a state where I can't see the wood for the trees

What do I say to my dr? I'm really nervous scared and even anxious to go?!

The things I feeling are

Sick knot in tummy
Constant nervous feeling in my belly
Worried
Can't stop crying ( been dealing with a break up and difficult new boyf )
Came out of a relationship 3 months ago and went straight into another one
Like I'm doing the school run, work, food shop, house work but I'm really struggling finding it all hard work
My lo is only being a child and I feel I'm short with her and I'm really trying not to be but she's very full on hard work and I feel so miserable
I want to be happy but I feel I've lost my way

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 02-May-17 19:18:56

Hi, hope your appointment went ok, how are you feling now?

icecreamsundae82 Tue 02-May-17 19:25:09

Hi, I dreaded it all day !
But it was fine. I broke down in there and felt I told him exactly how I felt. He kept saying it was ok and made me feel normal but it was very in and out! I'm on 20 mg fluoxetine for a month and have a follow up app to see him in 4wks. All very new to me...I said to him I should have come a loooong time ago. I feel so glad for going. He gave me some numbers to call and book a councilling session so I've done that. Xx

Myadkids Tue 02-May-17 19:25:26

It is very overwhelming to be caught in the depths of anxiety but it will pass and you can feel better. See your doctor for help. Make a list of the things that make you feel better and do them often. Just take one step at a time do things bit by bit where possible and be proud of yourself that your still going even though it feels hard right now.

kittytom Tue 02-May-17 19:32:39

Wow, OP I could have written your post this weekend.

I am glad you found the courage to go to the doctor. flowers

This blogger wrote a lovely post about anxiety and ADs this week. www.amyransom.com/life-and-you/anti-depressants/

icecreamsundae82 Tue 02-May-17 19:42:21

Really? It's so reassuring to know that other people are in the same boat
Not that I want people to feel as bad as I do obviously

Wow that's a great post, thanks for sharing xx

How are you ? Xx

Jenni5443 Tue 02-May-17 19:49:14

Could of wrote this myself too

icecreamsundae82 Tue 02-May-17 20:08:10

So we can support each other

How are you ? X

Jenni5443 Tue 02-May-17 20:19:46

I'm ok how are you doing? I haven't been brave enough to go to the drs yet... I need something though at complete breaking point

icecreamsundae82 Tue 02-May-17 21:08:18

Please make an app

I actually feel very positive for going and was never so happy to put a tablet into my mouth knowing that it's one day closer to feeling better

I've cried on and off all day and my anxiety is there but wares off for a few moments. But I needed to go to the drs and I would really really suggest you call first thing like I did

I've set myself little things I want to do like the kitchen cupboards were an absolute state and I've said to myself one day I'll clear them out
So when lo went to bed I cleared them out and it sounds silly but it made me feel better I now have a sparkly kitchen. !!! Ridiculous hey xx

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 02-May-17 21:20:31

Glad it went well. It can take time for meds to kick in so give it a few weeks.

strawberrymango Mon 08-May-17 12:13:53

So a week in and I know I won't feel any effect of the meds working but I've had headaches and pretty sure my sleep has been disturbed, I almost feel hot and coldy but have also had a head cold the last week which is making me feel run down so just wandered if this might be some of the side affects? Sure as I have a cold I can't be sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now