Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Recommendations for online cbt

(7 Posts)
Rainbowsandunicorns88 Mon 01-May-17 19:12:40

Just that really!

SatsumasAndFrazzles Tue 02-May-17 12:47:18

Bumping for you because I'd like some too!

PhoebeFriends Mon 08-May-17 20:59:47

Bumping as this would be a great help.

GourmetGold Thu 11-May-17 20:20:36

Not online CBT (I did try a free online CBT site & couldn't get on with it)..
books, yes!!

I've bought quite a few self-help books but the only ones that I've found readable (he's got a great sense of humor and writes in a very engaging way) and extremely helpful are the CBT books of Dr David Burns. I've got nearly all his books as I just enjoy reading them, I would recommend them all, but especially:

'The New Mood Therapy' - the first CBT self-help book ever written, the most prescribed book by USA therapists for their patients.

'When Panic Attacks' - has some of Dr Burns latest CBT techniques (he continues to develop newer & more effective, faster working CBT exercises, as professor at the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine) which work for anxiety and depression.
'Acceptance Paradox' technique in this book is now what I use weekly and it's amazing! Can turn me from very depressed to almost depression free in minutes! (he includes a depression 'Burn's depression checklist' so you can see how depressed you are, I photocopy them and fill one out before and after doing the exercises, to check my progress).

You're basically getting some of the best help you can get, IMO, and that's as someone who has been suicidal in the past.

GourmetGold Thu 11-May-17 20:25:32

There's a lot of interviews with David Burns on YouTube, this one is really good (& he explains 'Acceptance Paradox' technique)

youtu.be/p6u3tT2NLEc

GourmetGold Thu 11-May-17 20:50:59

I missed a bit of the tile..he first book recommendation title is actually 'Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy'

Xmmuldoon01X Mon 15-May-17 22:30:46

I'm needing some sort of advise or if anyone know anything that can help me stop doing this or help them grow back, I sit and pick my eye leashes out this isn't sore it's more of a relief I have been doing it for many years but I have had baldy eyes for about 3 years now and I'm fed up wearing false eyelashes and stuff I have looked into this as it's affecting my well and truly now and I have got Trichotillomania does anyone know what can make the bald patches grow back ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now