Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Health anxiety

(3 Posts)
Rainbowsandunicorns88 Fri 28-Apr-17 14:14:02

Today for me it's a brain tumour. I've had headaches for months, daily, seen a neurologist, no scan. Anyway I've now told myself it's definitely a tumour. Please talk me through strategies to get me out of this. Tomorrow it'll be my heart, or my lungs, arse or elbow. I'm sick of it. My family are sick of it. I'm medication phobic too. Great.

lovechocolate123 Fri 28-Apr-17 22:44:18

I could have written this. What helps me is mindfulness. Going for a walk and distractions. I know sometimes it's so hard the anxiety takes hold but you must ask yourself what is the likelihood of it being a brain tumour . The headaches could be a symptom of anxiety or stress. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Rainbowsandunicorns88 Sat 29-Apr-17 07:29:24

I find I go "looking" for all the above. I ask myself, "do I have a headache?" Or more weirdly "I don't have a headache" etc etc. My mind doesn't shut up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now