Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm an idiot.

(7 Posts)
DeleteOrDecay Wed 26-Apr-17 12:43:25

My girls deserve so much better. I've been an absolute shit to them today, my youngest has pushed me to the absolute limit to the point where I shouted at her. She's not even 2 yet for goodness sake, what the hell is wrong with me?

I feel awful, I forgot to take my meds 3 days in a row which probably isn't helping. I feel like crying, dp is sleeping after a night shift so it's just me on my own with them today. They deserve more than this. I wish I was normal.

xStefx Wed 26-Apr-17 12:49:47

Please take your meds OP, no wonder your feeling crap. I didn't want to read and run . hope your ok , sending hugs xx

chickenjalfrezi Wed 26-Apr-17 12:52:11

It happens OP flowers

Can you put them somewhere safe for 5-10 minutes and go have a cry?

chickenjalfrezi Wed 26-Apr-17 12:53:47

Take your meds now and put them somewhere that you'll remember to take them every day. It's so important.

Do the girls nap? Can you have a sleep too? If you feel terrible then please wake your DP to help. I wouldn't be happy sleeping knowing my DP was struggling.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:08:21

get a 7 day pill box - it makes life much easier. and take your meds, but you know that already.

DancingLedge Wed 26-Apr-17 13:21:25

I think every single mother on MN, and in the entire universe, has done some bit of grumpy parenting that we wish we could take back.

You've been honest with yourself that you want to do better,soflowers for that.

Second 7day pillbox, simple but effective.

And apologising to children afterwards if you've been OTT is a good idea.

DeleteOrDecay Wed 26-Apr-17 13:59:29

Thank you everyone it means to much to know people are listening and understanding. I feel like such an awful parent. I have taken my tablet today and will set an alarm on my phone so it doesn't happen again. I can't believe I went 3 days, I've missed the odd day here and there but I must have had my head in the clouds to get to day 3 without realising. I think I may need my dose increasing so I need to make a gp appointment at some point. I have apologised profusely to both of them and given lots of cuddles and told them that I love them so much. I'm so scared I'm going to screw them up and they'll end up like mesad

Youngest dd naps but I put her up today and she flat out refused so I've taken them both to soft play to burn off some energy.

Thanks again everyoneflowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: