Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

depression question

(4 Posts)
biglips Wed 26-Apr-17 10:43:45

If you're depressed, and you're trying to figure out why, is there always a reason behind it? or can you just be depressed anyway? Iykwim??

Thanks

neighbourhoodwitch Wed 26-Apr-17 12:08:15

I think some people are just prone to it and it can hit for no reason. Either way, it does pass.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 28-Apr-17 19:17:59

Depression doesn't always seem to have an obvious reason to hit. I do think theres normally an underlying reason although its often not obvious, it could be hormonal or vitamin D deficiency, or chronic stress, or beliefs we hold about ourselves and some people have a genetic predisposition too. There isn't always something obvious like a berievement or redundancy or illness.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 28-Apr-17 19:19:24

My depression was always just chemical. It could be triggered by difficult life events but it was always there underneath. I'm 5 years sane now though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now