Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Chest pains - just a sympton of anxiety?

(7 Posts)
fedupandnogin Tue 25-Apr-17 08:22:35

Hi all. I have a feeling in my chest. It's not really a pain, just a discomfort and a feeling of something. I've had it for a few days and have had it before. I think it's just anxiety. Is this a sympton? I seem to get more breathless as well. Does anyone else have this?

Joto369 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:17:14

Yes it's anxiety I'm sat with it now 🙁🙁

MajesticWhine Tue 25-Apr-17 09:25:02

Don't let anyone on the internet diagnose you. It could be anxiety yes. But no one on Mumsnet can really tell based on what you've said.

OregonShales Tue 25-Apr-17 09:28:56

Go to your GP today if you can and get checked out - they can examine you and then tell you more than we can.

Are chest pains and breathlessness a symptom of anxiety? Absolutely. I suffer with both frequently.
However, I've also had numerous ECGs, blood work and examinations that all came back normal that led the Drs to that conclusion, so it's always best to have it looked at smile

Chest pains and breathlessness can also be caused by something simple like a vitamin deficiency. Don't stress, there are lots of non serious causes but we can't tell you what the cause is.

OregonShales Tue 25-Apr-17 09:30:42

Go to your GP today if you can and get checked out - they can examine you and then tell you more than we can.

Are chest pains and breathlessness a symptom of anxiety? Absolutely. I suffer with both frequently.
However, I've also had numerous ECGs, blood work and examinations that all came back normal that led the Drs to that conclusion, so it's always best to have it looked at smile

Chest pains and breathlessness can also be caused by something simple like a vitamin deficiency. Don't stress, there are lots of non serious causes but we can't tell you what the cause is.

OregonShales Tue 25-Apr-17 09:31:23

Sorry my internet is glitchy and it posted twice sad

Joto369 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:57:59

Apologies I assumed you were suffering from anxiety hence why you posted. If you are it's a common symptom. I'm not diagnosing just advising my opinion. As has been suggested go the gp if it's troubling you unduly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now