Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Assessments

(1 Post)
KerriAnnQuinn860916 Mon 24-Apr-17 00:02:42

Hi I was just wondering if anybody had any information on ESA assessments.

I have suffered with depression for many years but always worked as that helped me cope better as it took my mind of everything!! But last year I became pregnant and couldn't cope with working and dealing with my depression as I was taking off my anti depressants due to pregnancy. I started to claim ESA and whilst I was pregnant I was sent a letter to go for a medical assessment which I couldn't attend as I was in labour so my mother phoned them to tell them but she was informed that I should never of been sent for one because I was pregnant.

Anyway my baby is 5 months old now and I have been sent for a medical assessment but I have heard that you shouldn't have one in the first year of your babies life, so my question is does anybody know if that is correct??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now