Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety spiral

(5 Posts)
Joto369 Sun 23-Apr-17 05:43:01

Morning all. Since returning from holiday yesterday my anxiety has absolutely spiralled. I was constantly waking through the night and though I tried not to i got so upset. I beat a lot of it on holiday by challenging myself and in the end had a good time. On the journey home though my husband had to brake heavily due to an idiot on the motorway and grabbed me as I was not looking to steady me. That really scared me especially after the accident and I wonder if that may be a trigger. I was also worrying about going back to work in the night - I'm only two weeks from leaving to start a new job which will be better in terms of travel but is a big change. I'm so fed up of this constant up and down

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 23-Apr-17 10:26:17

Hi joto,

That does sound like a likely trigger. Be kind to yourself, if you need a self care day then make that your priority. Do you have any strategies that help e.g. mindfulness, meditation, exercise etc?

TyneTeas Sun 23-Apr-17 10:31:31

this free app for anxiety is quite helpful

www.sam-app.org.uk/

Joto369 Sun 23-Apr-17 10:59:55

Hi both. Just had a bit more sleep but the anxiety is just there all the time waking me up. I'm just going to didn't the day relaxing. Or trying to at least!!!

Joto369 Sun 23-Apr-17 13:57:47

I think that should have been enjoy 😊😊😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now