Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Mind Over Marathon

(4 Posts)
CartwheelGirl Thu 20-Apr-17 22:33:34

Just watched the first episode of Mind Over Marathon on BBC1 - beautifully done. It made me cry. People who are taking part are so inspirational.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04yy0r8

TheoriginalLEM Thu 20-Apr-17 22:39:23

I am awestruck by those people. I don't know how that poor woman puts one foot in front of the other, my heart broke for her.

Running certainly helps me with my anxiety although some days i let it stop me and i don't have an ounce of the grief thise people are dealing with. Have come to bed early tonight to try anf get up and run in the morning before work. I have lost my running mojo due to having to rest my muscles abit but this program has inspired me to go for it again.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 21-Apr-17 19:01:50

I thought it was fab. It was so nice to see people talking about their mental illness so openly. I have no desire to run a marathon, but exercise definately helps me

TheoriginalLEM Sat 22-Apr-17 10:16:01

yes - no marathon aspirations here!!grin but exercise does help. However i do think that you almost have to be almost there in terms of recovery before you can doit. At my most anxious the thought of running makes me worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now