Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anti depressants!

(3 Posts)
ChloLauxxx Thu 20-Apr-17 20:09:35

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of Mirtazapine 15mg? Prescribed for panic disorder/depression and severe lack of sleep.
I've read awful things about being so tired and groggy (I have two little boys to run round after).
I've also head really bad weight gain?

I also take sertraline & propananol

Any stories would be great to help me decide whether or not to try them!

Ashers40 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:21:32

I've just posted about trying to come off Mirtazapine, it's very hard. I was on 45mg for a few years. It worked very well for anxiety and I've never slept as well. But I did put on over a stone, one of my reasons for trying to come off it. I didn't have any problems with feeling groggy after the first few weeks. Sertraline did not work for me.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Fri 21-Apr-17 19:07:46

I'm on Mirtazapine 30mg, I started on 15mg. I certainly slept well on it but don't remember being too drowsy. I am strugling with mornings a bit, but I've never been a morning person really. I have put on 3 stone in the last 7 months since starting it, mainly in the first 2 months. On the up side though it has really helped with my anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now