Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Worried about how I'm going to get through the week

(2 Posts)
Mrsfrumble Wed 19-Apr-17 18:19:22

I feel awful at the moment. Physically okay (if tired), but irrationally angry, low and anxious. DH went away today, traveling overseas for work for a week, leaving me with our 2 small children and I'm already struggling.

Can anyone offer any advise on getting along and coping when one's mental health is not great?

JontyDoggle37 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:25:45

Mrsfrumble sorry to hear you're struggling. Some practical suggestions:
- can you plan some 'me' time wen they're in bed - nice bath or doing our nails or something that feels luxurious, that you can look forward to?
- exercise always helps - get you all out of the house for a long walk somewhere with trees and green space, they'll tire themselves out and you can breathe.
- don't put yourself under pressure to get everything done around the house while DH is away, just identify the bare minimum and aim for that (everyone fed, washed and clean clothes - dusting, hoovering etc. An wait).
Hope that helps flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now