Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm scared I'll harm myself.

(17 Posts)
Sammymickyvicky Sun 16-Apr-17 13:21:26

I'm struggling a lot with life at the moment my husband has left me after 13 years together. No good enough reason at all. I'm scared I'm going to harm myself I've sent the kids to stay with him and all I wanna do is go to bed and never wake up. It's selfish of me I no but I feel I have no choice the pain is killing me. I've stoped all my medications. I've never really been loved and I thought he did but he didn't how do I move on when I don't no what I've done wrong.

Joto369 Sun 16-Apr-17 13:27:47

Hi there. Firstly a huge supportive hug. Do you have access to any MH support? Have you family or friends you can talk to. Keep posting here and please remember it all feels so acute and raw now because it is.

OregonShales Sun 16-Apr-17 13:37:00

Hi sammymickyvicky, could you call someone to talk to about your feelings? Maybe Mind or the samaratians. I can find you the numbers if you need.

If you feel you are going to harm yourself immediately, call 999. If you want to see a dr, your practice will have an out of hours plan or NHS direct can get you in touch with a doctor. You can get help today.

MN is here to support you also flowers

Sammymickyvicky Sun 16-Apr-17 13:46:48

I can't. I can't messed someone I love day up by telling them this. It just wouldn't be fair on them. I'm trying so hard to fight this but I just want my husband home with me I love him so much.

Joto369 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:57:50

I don't think anyone would think it unfair that you asked them for help. How are you feeling now?

OregonShales Sun 16-Apr-17 15:53:14

You wouldn't mess anyone's day up.
But if you feel that way, call one of the numbers I mentioned, they won't be someone I know but they will still care very much that you are feeling like this.

I know how lonely days like this can feel, but you will be surprised at how supported you will feel if you reach out.

OregonShales Sun 16-Apr-17 15:53:32

someone *you know

Sammymickyvicky Sun 16-Apr-17 16:46:44

I feel num

roselondoner Sun 16-Apr-17 16:54:33

Hi op, I hope you're coping ok at the moment. Is there anything you can do in the way of self care? Try and relax for an hour or two?? 💜 you'll be ok in the end I promise. People worth your time wouldn't hurt you the way you've been hurt. Keep talking to us please xx flowersflowers

Sammymickyvicky Sun 16-Apr-17 17:16:26

I just want my husband to come back to me I want him to give us as a married couple a chance but he want and I can't expect it

Joto369 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:18:37

At the moment you need to focus on you. there will be time to look at everything else but now you need to get support xxx

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 16-Apr-17 17:28:34

Hello OP,

We are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources.

You can also go to the Samaritans website, or email them on jo@samaritans.org. Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

We also like to remind everyone that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

Sending strength and love from all at MNHQ.

thatcoldfeeling Sun 16-Apr-17 21:02:17

Sammy - I understand how you are feeling right now not wanting to be here, but having also gone through a v. dramatic separation I can also tell you it will get better and that being single in and of itself it actually okay.
I also know how much harder it is when the house is empty, can you call someone IRL?

Am a bit hmm that Mumsnet powers that be deleted my thread for talking of similar stuff but this doesn't though. Not that I think it should be just feeling a bit despairing myself.

Sammymickyvicky Mon 17-Apr-17 04:45:06

I spent the night talking to very close friends. I started back on my tablets and I'm starting to feel better. Thank you all for your support

FoxesSitOnBoxes Mon 17-Apr-17 04:58:21

Ah Sammy, that's good. You can't beat real life support. I'm sorry you're going through this; it must be horrible flowers

Sammymickyvicky Mon 17-Apr-17 07:20:04

It's so hard but I need to be strong for my children and for myself

thatcoldfeeling Mon 17-Apr-17 10:19:38

Glad you are feeling more positive & that you have RL support. It does make all the difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now