Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Being Happy Alone?

(2 Posts)
lemonzest123 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:44:20

Hi everyone.

I have out this in MH because I wasn't sure where it fit.... Apologies if anyone thinks it should be elsewhere.

I'm interested in getting peoples thoughts on what it means to be happy being alone and how you achieve it, or if it's just something you either have within you or don't.

I'm 29, unmarried, only see DP weekends, no DC and live with my housemate. Ive been seeing a bereavement counseller for a while and we identified together a lot of my sadness and anxiety comes from fear of being alone and I think she's right!

I find it very difficult being alone with myself even for an evening without glugging wine to distract myself. I've had a couple of sober evenings alone this week (well, with the pets) and watched some TV by myself with my aromatherapy oils on and I feel really on edge, scared, sad and lonely.

How do people stand it?

Makes my heart break so much for my DF who has no one now after 30 years together sad

NolongerAnxiousCarer Thu 13-Apr-17 17:53:22

Hmm I've always been a bit of a loner so I'm probably not the best person to answer but will give this a bump for you.

For me its doing the things that make me happy so reading, knitting, drawing going to the gym.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now