Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sleep

(7 Posts)
FoddyWaddle Wed 12-Apr-17 16:30:05

Hi i am suffering with depression and anxiety. I am taking medication that for a few hours after makes me feel very awake. However the rest of the time i feel exhausted. Today is a really bad day in terms of how i feel and i literally want to curl up and sleep. I have dozed off a couple of times on the sofa. This is not great as it is the easter holidays and my children are all home. I have asked my DH to come home from work early if he can but how do you get through the fog of wanting to sleep?

Joto369 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:44:04

Hi how are you feeling now?

Goldfishjane Sun 16-Apr-17 18:47:00

Hi only just saw this
Takes a while to settle with meds
Hope you're levelling off well now?

FoddyWaddle Sun 16-Apr-17 22:47:28

Hi. I am still exhausted constantly, i even had a 2 hour nap today. I generally feel unable to cope and on the verge of tears. The thought of leaving the house makes me feel )like i am going to vomit.

Goldfishjane Mon 17-Apr-17 19:36:20

It can be like that for a couple of weeks but do go to your doc if you don't feel able to cope with this part
Do you happen to know if you've been put on a high dose, sometimes that has an even harder effect in the early days.
I used to be at work constantly thinking I was going to throw up, but I didn't.
I did have a couple of people ask what was wrong which was annoying as there was no way I was telling them! I made up some shit about family stuff. But I got through it and when they began to work I was like a whole new goldfish grin

CleverQuacks Mon 17-Apr-17 19:40:13

I know this may be irrelevant but have you had a blood test recently? I suffer from mental health problems so when I felt like you describe recently I assumed it was that but a recent blood test shows I was low on iron and vitamin d. Since I have been on supplements I have felt a lot better.

Goldfishjane Mon 17-Apr-17 21:08:33

Also some GPs aren't great at giving info so is it possible you've been given a more sedating one and not told?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now