Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling Fragile

(3 Posts)
Shopkin Mon 10-Apr-17 13:18:04

Name changed as lots of RL people know my nn on here.

I don't really know how to describe it. Just so many little things and it's all getting on top of me. I don't know why today feels so bad. Perhaps because it's the first day at home with my 4YO and 8MO. No preschool or activities all of this week and it's the first time I've had a whole week alone with nothing planned. I struggle with DS, he's just been referred to a paediatrition for suspected high functioning autism. The waiting lists are long and in the meantime I'm at a bit of a loss with him. The worst bit is that he hates leaving the house so we're stuck inside.

My husband works ALL THE TIME. 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Unless he has something he wants to do, then he takes time off. I love him but suspect the feeling isn't mutual.

I had to give up my hobby. It was the only thing keeping me sane, but involved my dog and she can't do it any more. I'm at a loss for what to do with myself.

I was looking forward to going back to work in a few weeks after 10 months of maternity leave, but after a long email exchange with HR it turns out my team was disbanded and I was forgotten. They don't know what to do with me.

So many other little niggles I'm at a loss as to how to deal with. Perhaps it's time to see the GP. But I don't think I'm depressed. Just sad, and so, so tired...

Howlongtilldinner Tue 11-Apr-17 04:42:22

Hello there

Describing your predicament, it's no wonder you're tired. Is it possible you are suffering from PND? It's hard enough with children without SN, and you have a baby too. I think getting out is what keeps most parents sane, and you're having difficulty doing that at the moment. Also where your DH is always working, you're not getting a break from it.

It's not surprising you're feeling overwhelmed. Can you speak to your DH and tell him how you're feeling? He should know. Sometimes just sharing the burden is half the battle.

flowers

Shopkin Tue 11-Apr-17 06:45:46

Thank you.

My husband is very difficult to talk to. As soon as he gets home from work the TV goes on and he's on his iPhone. He'll do anything to avoid serious conversations.

He will help, but only if I give him very specific instructions. Which tbh is just as exhausting as doing it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now