Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Do you ever wonder when it will end?

(9 Posts)
Woollymammoth63 Sat 08-Apr-17 23:29:50

So I had a really bad day yesterday and today. On the background of having been much better lately. I don't know if I can go back to therapy, but feel lost with no support and this afternoon started to feel really low and hopeless. When will I actually get better , when will it ever end.
I started to feel slightly out of control in my mind as if I couldn't settle myself, it was frightening. Why do bad things have to happen ?

louise55 Sat 08-Apr-17 23:46:58

It will end my love life is tough message me x

louise55 Sat 08-Apr-17 23:48:13

be brave talk to me sweetie

Woollymammoth63 Sun 09-Apr-17 00:01:32

Hi Louise yes I feel so overwhelmed today as if I am back in the despair I felt a few years ago when I had this episode of trauma. I didn't know I could still go back there to that degree. It's so tiring. Even though I function at work etc I wonder if that will always continue.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sun 09-Apr-17 07:36:02

It will end.
Time is a great healer.

The problem for you right now is you can't remember not feeling rubbish. It's a bit like being seasick. You feel like you are going to die. (that's the good bit). Then you begin to realise it won't actually kill you, but you begin to wish it would, (that's the bad bit). Yet the moment you step off the boat, you suddenly forget what it felt like to be seasick.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 09-Apr-17 10:31:58

((*wooley*))

This will pass, I can understand why you are feeling this way from your other posts. This won't be forever, its a blip in your recovery, but you will recover.

Woollymammoth63 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:40:40

Thank you It's not easy and anxious.
Yesterday was horrible as well as Friday. But yesterday the penny dropped that in my upset about the confidentiality I had said I was terminating the therapy and that of course I had nothing. My dh as we know can be horrible even though he always says everything is a joke, but I can't confide in him. The confidentiality issue made me feel as if the social things I am currently trying to set in place could be jeapordised. I just really crashed. I kept thinking about the sea. we have a beach near us where there are high rocks and deep crashing waves and water I just kept thinking about it. But I'm ok those thoughts have gone.
I'm in work today better being around people.
Thank you

Woollymammoth63 Sun 09-Apr-17 13:09:44

Feeling a bit better smile

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 09-Apr-17 13:16:01

Glad you are feeling a bit better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now