Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Down?

(2 Posts)
Down2409 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:44:43

Hi all,
I'm a mum of two a wife and work 3 days a week.
I feel today at the end of my tether and I'm snappy moody and generally fed up.
I have delt with depression for 10 years now and I saw a mental health dr this year to diagnose me with personality anxiety disorder. He prescribed a low dose med but I don't find it helping and my own gp decided to higher does but still nothing.
I work in a very female environment and to be honest don't enjoy it. But I cannot afford to give it up. Yes I have looked for other jobs. I find the girls there very hard work they are bitchy and two faced.
My house is like a complete tip I find I'm constantly battling with myself to do anything. I have so much to do like sort out cupboard and my wardrobe which is full of clothes with tags on this is something I do that cheers me up for a small time. This has been mentioned to gp.
So why am I writing this I just don't know what to do anymore I'm tired to be honest of trying to pick myself up. I was suppose to have talk therapy but they have cancelled twice from Jan and looks like I won't see anyone till may. I don't see anyone really and I'm tired of being a good friend to only get used. I just don't know what to do anymore

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sun 09-Apr-17 10:00:54

Well done for seeking help. If the meds arn't helping keep going back to your GP it may be that they arn't the right ones for you.

Meditation, mindfullness and exercise can all be helpful. I found an app called headspace very good to get me started with the meditation and mindfulness. Do you do anything just for you? That can be so important when we are doing so much for others, its so easy to forget about what we need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now