Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can't seem to cope.

(2 Posts)
DontPullThatTubeOut Tue 04-Apr-17 11:34:44

Why is it ok to abuse but not to stand up to your abuser?

Why does the one person who is meant to love and take care of you, the one to hurt you and baby you until you can't cope on your own.

Why does being a parent mean you get to hurt your kids, but when they are old enough to stand up for themselves they are called abusive.

Why am I not allowed to die when life gets too hard, why am I allowed to be hurt and let down so much yet when I want to escape it's frowned upon.

Why did I not get out of that childhood, why did I not report what was going on, why did I keep their secrets.

I wish I told someone when I needed help and depended on others, I survived abuse and now that I'm meant to be able to cope on my own, no one wants to help.

These are questions and feelings that go through my head. I can't get the one person who is meant to care to understand what I'm going through, i just get called abusive when I explain that what they did was abuse.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 04-Apr-17 18:17:37

That sounds really tough flowers have you got any support from councelling/therapy at the moment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now