Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just about hanging on.

(5 Posts)
Hangingonbymyfingertips Tue 04-Apr-17 10:26:16

Feeling as if I don't know how much longer I can hang on. Feel worthless and useless and cry at the drop of a hat. Thought I was doing a bit better at the weekend shut away at home but cried when I had to leave the house yesterday. I have started to see a counsellor but don't feel it's helping. I am so lonely. I don't fit in anywhere and I don't know how to change so that people will like me. Dreading going back to work in a few weeks because I am doing such a bad job I am convinced I will be sacked - keep thinking about just resigning. I am barely hanging on at the moment and it is so hard I just don't know how much longer I can do it.

Joto369 Tue 04-Apr-17 10:57:35

Hand hold and hug xxx how long have you been seeing the counsellor? Are you taking any meds??

Hangingonbymyfingertips Tue 04-Apr-17 11:03:39

It will be my fourth appointment this week. Have been on various anti depressants over the years but at the moment on Mirtazapine. I haven't been to the doctors about this latest bout because I just don't feel that they have the resources to help anyway.

Joto369 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:20:59

It's very difficult to see the positives but the support is there. What good things are there for you?

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 04-Apr-17 18:12:50

flowers, its early days with the councellor, well done for getting help. Keep going with the councelling, these things take time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now