Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel trapped in my own body

(4 Posts)
sadmommyhere Tue 04-Apr-17 05:48:13

Trigger warning. I have a severe physical disability, which is relatively new. I am getting pasted from pillar to post by doctors and they won't take it seriously! I know this is a permanent thing, I've done everything they asked, physio etc which has been cancelled as I was making no progress and in too much pain! taken 3 types of painkillers for two years, in June.

I have ptsd, bpd, anxiety. Depression has gotten worse recently. Due to the pain and anxiety I don't tend to leave the house more than once a month, for doctors appointments.

I feel trapped, I don't want to do this anymore. I feel broken, and I waste of space. I am the shittest mother in the world! I can't do anything for them without being in extreme pain, which is upsetting for them!
I keep wanting to self harm, I have done this often over the years. It's taking everything in me not too.
I keep thinking about cutting my wrists, taking my collection of pills, doing something to get out of this situation!

I'm also very overweight which is making my physical situation a whole lot worse. But I hate myself, I can't stand the way I look, how my body is, my mental health.

I don't want to be me, I want a full body transplant I can't stand me! sad

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 04-Apr-17 05:53:44

Lets start with somethin we can understand easily. What is the physical disability?

sadmommyhere Tue 04-Apr-17 06:46:02

I'm sorry it all just came rambling out...

I had severe spd in 3 pregnancys and it's left me with the same symptoms 2 years after my last pregnancy. I am wheelchair dependant, I rely on aids around the house and my husband who has had to give up his career to become my carer because I can't barely do anything without his help. This has all been very hard on him, which makes me feel worse, because I feel I have ruined his dreams and life.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Tue 04-Apr-17 17:48:53

flowers that sounds really tough.

I saw a nlp ( neurolinguistic programming ) therapist for PTSD he used something called Eye Movement Integration ( also known as IEMT ) which was like a magic wand for me. I also know that nlp can be useful for chronic pain (its also used in hospices for pain relief). Just wondring if that is something you may find useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now