Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What will/can a GP do if you tell them you're at breaking point?

(4 Posts)
iwasagirlinavillage Mon 03-Apr-17 13:53:48

I have another thread but it's evolved and it doesn't directly ask this question in the title or even early in the thread. But I now feel like I'm at breaking point. I already had my medication increased within the last month. My husband and I separated 6 weeks ago and I'm exhausted and not coping emotionally. I have two small children and my husband hasn't seen them consistently or had them over night for the past 10 days. He's an arse. But the consequence is that I'm becoming ill, physically and emotionally. My family are a great support but they're helping as much as they can and they're exhausted too. My daughters are very clingy to me, especially at the moment understandably, but it makes it difficult to illicit anyone else's help because they both just want me.

What could my GP actually do? I don't think much but I feel I have to ask for help regardless. I just don't think there is any help available for me.

ihatethecold Mon 03-Apr-17 14:11:22

what do you want them to do to help you?

I had to see my Gp recently for stress and low mood, she was brilliant at listening and when i eventually asked to have a month off work she fully supported me.

Do you take medication already?

flowers

Joto369 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:20:23

One thing you need to give yourself is time. I'm a bigger for expecting to feel absolutely fine all the time and right now please which doesn't happen with stress or any emotional issues. It's taken me 3 months to get to an even keel and even then I get knocked sideways by hormones or if my stress levels get too high. You need to take time out for yourself though it you will be no good for your children if you are exhausted. Xxxx

iwasagirlinavillage Mon 03-Apr-17 14:25:53

I have no idea what I want. To be honest I'm at a point of despair where I can't imagine anything that would make me feel better.

I don't see how I can take time out for myself without it negatively affecting my children or or other people. I feel completely trapped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now