Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Fluoxetine increased dosage feeling worse?

(6 Posts)
lokisglowstickofdestiny1 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:23:37

My daughter has recently (2 weeks ago), had her dosage of fluoxetine doubled. Prior to the increase she was definitely feeling a little better but since the increase her moods have got worse and although she is still better than when she started it feels like she has taken a real step back. I asked her doctor (CAMHS) about this and he seemed bemused as to why this should be the case. Has anyone else experienced this and if so does it get better or does she need a reduced dosage?

lokisglowstickofdestiny1 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:52:29

Bump....anyone?

Ipigglemustdie Fri 31-Mar-17 21:56:19

Didn't want to read and run but I did the same thing a while ago and it did initially have a negative effect. After a week or two things got better. Kinda like when first starting it,apparently side effects can cause depression!?! But after it stabilises.
Know thats not too helpful sorry

Gideonsangel123 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:56:37

I had mine increased as well, it does get better eventually, don't give up.

Ipigglemustdie Fri 31-Mar-17 21:57:31

Just to add been on and off flu for about 5 years. All in all probably saved my life.

lokisglowstickofdestiny1 Fri 31-Mar-17 22:12:29

Thank you, it's just seems odd that increasing the dose has made her worse. I knew that in a few users the drug could make the depression worse but I assumed that would be apparent from the start. I'll speak again to her doctor but hopefully as you say it will start to get better again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now