Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I talk to myself all the time- is that ok?

(4 Posts)
user1472582572 Thu 30-Mar-17 04:21:37

I have had anxiety and depression since my teens. Been prescribed 4 different meds. Currently taking 50mg Sertraline which is helping. Ever since I was little, I've talked to myself: not the odd comment here and there but full on conversations. I'm just speaking my thoughts out loud. I don't hear voices. Is this related to my mental health?

FixItUpChappie Thu 30-Mar-17 04:40:32

I did that all the time when I lived on my own so nobody could hear me. I have no MH issues I'm aware of, I just like talking out loud smile

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Thu 30-Mar-17 07:58:46

Talking to yourself of one thing... and is mostly harmless.
If you are answering yourself back, that becomes another.

hellokittymania Thu 30-Mar-17 08:16:42

I talk to myself all the time, even in public. I often smile as well. I have a disability and some other needs though and I never even realized people didn't do this for a very long time.

I was in California some years ago and was walking down the road smiling and a gang type person ask me what I was smiling about. I just said because I was happy. And then he said oh I am happy to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now