Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety and Childhood Sexual Abuse

(1 Post)
Geneswoman Wed 29-Mar-17 20:45:14

Hi, I am fairly new to posting, though I do read Mumsnet. As I am new to posting I have been looking to see if there is a thread /area that may help me. As the title suggests I feel my GAD which manifested itself in my mid teens onwards the roots of it I know now where many, many incidents of sexual abuse from the age of 10 to 15. I really was a happy go lucky kid before that which in hindsight makes me very sad :-( for what may have been, though on the surface I have had a good life so far and am as content as many people though the GAD is my own personal 'black cloud'. I have and am dealing with the abuse as much as I can in real life. I've made huge progress. My Abuser has died and a charity has helped me a lot but for reasons I don't want to share online I haven't shared with my birth family what happened to me. My parents are elderly now and as it wasn't them that was responsible I don't want to upset them. I guess my question is, is there an area /thread on Mumsnet that I could talk with people who have experienced similar? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now