Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just need a boost to get me there 😐

(3 Posts)
user1122 Wed 29-Mar-17 09:25:15

Iv had depression all of my adult life I'm 29 with 2 kids and a partner that works away mon-fri I have anxiety, things got extremely bad just before xmas last year I pushed myself to go to docs to ask for help, iv always refused medication in the past but at that time I felt it was that or I was going to have a breakdown, I tried it for 10 days but felt nauseous and not myself so came off it, I know I didn't give it a chance, my partner doesn't get it he just thinks it me and my moods, I feel he doesn't help or support me at all and cos he is away most of the time I have to live like a single parent he constantly lets us down and chooses his job over us , I feel at rock bottom the last few days iv not left the house and last night got let down again , I feel I'm at the desperate stage again, I was so scared this morning but managed to get an app at gp but really struggling to get the motivation to go, iv had panic attacks in the waiting room and it always plays on my mind , help ? 😕

Knittedfrog Wed 29-Mar-17 09:30:57

Please go to your appointment. There is help out there for you. Join us in the village on the mental health topic. I can't do links (sorry).
There is always someone to talk to and listen. We're a friendly bunch. I'm a little bit absent from it at the moment though. Hit an all time low and just can't post at the moment.
Go to your appointment and please know you're not alone.

NolongerAnxiousCarer Wed 29-Mar-17 10:13:36

Well done for booking an appointment. ADs can make you feel a little odd the first couple of weeks but it normally eases off after that andvyou start to feel the benefit. They have saved my life in the last. Thetes lots of different ones and different ones work for different people so you can always ask to try a different one to last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now