Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

CBT

(4 Posts)
Back2workanxiety Tue 28-Mar-17 14:30:06

I've been having CBT for a while now but I don't really think that it's helping as I don't feel like my councillor is actually giving me any coping strategies.

His answer to everything is I just have to learn to deal with my triggers by exposing myself to them

Can I change who I see? How do I go about it? It's making me not want to go to sessions and not helping me deal with anything and I only have limited sessions because it's NHS

Joto369 Wed 29-Mar-17 20:28:15

It's a difficult one as exposure to triggers is in my understanding a way of desensitising. Not in one huge go but slowly. Example is I had a huge panic attack eating food at tea time and started then feeling anxious/panic each time. The way I'm dealing with it is slowly increasing the amount I eat for tea whilst dealing with any feelings of anxiety and it's working slowly. Are you receiving CBT for a phobia type problem?

Back2workanxiety Thu 30-Mar-17 14:49:13

No I have social anxiety

Joto369 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:42:53

Not sure then maybe someone else will be able to advise??? Have you tried counselling at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now